Aaron is a seasoned trial attorney on the Litigation Team in Davis|Kuelthau’s Milwaukee office. Aaron has broad experience handling a variety of complex commercial litigation matters including the automotive, construction, food and beverage, insurance, and manufacturing industries. As a former prosecutor in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office, Aaron has logged thousands of hours of courtroom experience which has allowed him to handle a broad range of civil matters in both state and federal courts. Aaron’s diverse litigation experience includes handling:
- Trusts and estates
- Contract claims
- Tort claims
- UCC claims
- Construction related matters
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Intellectual property matters
- Labor and employment matters – both private and public sector
- Creditor rights matters such as commercial foreclosures and commercial evictions
Commercial Litigation. Aaron has broad experience handling a diverse variety of commercial disputes involving both manufacturers and service providers. This experience also allows Aaron to provide risk management advise designed to help companies avoid litigation.
Trust and Estate Litigation. Aaron frequently represents individual and institutional personal representatives and trustees in litigation pertaining to a decedent’s distribution elections. Additionally, Aaron has experience representing beneficiaries and heirs in challenging the enforceability of wills and trusts (i.e. will or trust contests), as well as the actions of trustees or personal representatives.
Construction Litigation. Aaron has specific experience in construction litigation, handling an assortment of construction disputes involving the representation of contractors, project owners, and material suppliers on both the plaintiff and defense side.
Insurance Coverage Disputes. Aaron has broad experience in the insurance field – from defending liability cases to coverage interpretation and disputes.
Aaron’s ability to handle diverse assortment of matters, across several practice areas, is directly attributable to his vast courtroom experience. Immediately following his graduation from law school, Aaron spent over five years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office. Aaron’s last position before leaving the District Attorney’s Office was in the Sensitive Crimes Unit, where he primarily prosecuted defendants accused of sexually assaulting children.
Aaron’s considerable experience in the courtroom gives him the unique ability to analyze a case from its inception with an eye towards how the case will actually play-out in court. This ability, coupled with his diverse experience, enables him to provide sound and practical advice regarding effective litigation strategies.
- Successfully defended an owner/developer against a claim for damages relating to alleged vibration damage to a neighboring property.
- Represented subcontractors and suppliers in lien claim matters and claims on project bonds.
- Represented home sellers and buyers in disputes relative to failing to disclose property defects.
- Assisted two large national manufacturers in obtaining insurance coverage from multiple carriers in two product liability class action lawsuits.
- Successfully defended a large apartment complex owner in a claim brought by a tenant alleging permanent injuries due to mold damage. Obtained a dismissal of the plaintiff’s case on summary judgment in favor of the apartment complex owner.
- Participated in the defense of a large manufacturer of lenticular image products accused of infringing seven patents.
- Represented a large manufacturer in case asserting a violation of trademark involving cybersquatting.
- Represented a national telecommunications provider in various dispute matters.
- Represented school districts in employment-related litigation concerning Act 10.
Labor & Employment:
- Represented a prominent vehicle dealership against employment-related defamation claims.
- Represented a company against discrimination claim brought by the United States’ Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP).
Admitted, U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin
Admitted, U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
Member, Wisconsin Bar Association
Board of Directors, Waukesha County Bar Association
Member, Serjeant’s Inn
Member, Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association
Member, Waukesha County Business Alliance
Member, Inns of Court
Former President, Board of Directors, City of Waukesha Park, Recreation & Forestry Department
Former Plan Commission, City of Waukesha
Chairperson, Board of Directors, Waukesha County Food Pantry
Board of Directors, Waukesha Kiwanis Early Risers (former)
Volunteer, Hunger Task Force
Volunteer Judge, Wisconsin High School Mock Trial Tournament
Published Articles / Presentations
Excerpt from article on negotiation in personal injury context was adapted and published in Alternative Dispute Resolution treatise. 1 Jay E. Grenig, Alternative Dispute Resolution § 17:11 (3rd ed. 2005)