Aaron is a seasoned trial attorney on the Litigation Team in Davis|Kuelthau’s Milwaukee office. Aaron has broad experience handling a variety of complex commercial litigation matters.
Aaron’s diverse litigation experience includes handling:
Trust, Estate and Fiduciary Litigation. Aaron frequently represents individual and institutional trustees and personal representatives in litigation pertaining to the administration of trusts and estates. Aaron has experience representing clients in disputes relating to claims of undue influence, lack of testamentary capacity, fiduciary liability, fiduciary removal, improper exclusion of beneficiaries and trust/will construction. Aaron has defended and prosecuted claims challenging the execution of wills and trusts (i.e. will challenges or trust challenges).
Construction Litigation. Aaron has specific experience in construction litigation, handling an assortment of construction disputes involving the representation of contractors, project owners, and material suppliers on both the plaintiff and defense side. Aaron also has experience defending and prosecuting mechanic’s lien foreclosure matters. Aaron also has considerable experience defending against claims of a seller’s alleged failure to disclose defects relating to both residential and commercial properties.
Insurance-Related Disputes. Aaron has broad experience in the insurance field – from defending liability cases to coverage interpretation and disputes.
In addition, Aaron’s diverse litigation experience also includes handling the following claims:
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract claims
- Tort claims
- UCC claims
- Intellectual property matters – patent and copyright infringement
- White collar criminal defense
- Labor and employment matters – both private and public sector
- Creditor rights matters such as commercial foreclosures and commercial evictions
As a former prosecutor in the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office, Aaron has logged thousands of hours of courtroom experience which has allowed him to handle a broad range of civil matters in both state and federal courts. Since transitioning to private practice, Aaron has obtained broad experience handling a variety of complex commercial litigation matters. Aaron’s considerable experience in the courtroom gives him the unique ability to analyze a case from its inception with an eye towards how the case will actually play-out in court. This ability, coupled with his diverse experience, enables him to provide sound and practical advice regarding effective litigation strategies.
Trust, Estate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Obtained substantial settlement on behalf of a beneficiary contesting a decedent’s capacity to execute a will and a trust.
- Defended trustees and personal representatives against claims of breach of trust and fiduciary duties.
- Successfully represented a minor heir who was excluded from an estate by the personal representative. Obtained a court order for DNA paternity testing which resulted in client’s inclusion as a beneficiary in multi-million dollar estate.
- Defended against claims of undue influence, lack of capacity, fraud and theft in trust litigation involving assets totaling in the millions of dollars.
- Successfully defended a large commercial owner & developer against a claim for damages relating to alleged vibration damage to a neighboring property.
- Represented subcontractors and suppliers in lien claim matters and claims on project bonds.
- Represented contractors and owners in large commercial projects involving alleged construction defects and delays.
- Successfully represented a national telecommunications provider in contract and billing disputes.
- Represented shareholders and corporations in shareholder disputes.
- Represented a vehicle dealership against employment-related defamation claims.
- Defended automobile dealerships against claims involving alleged negligence and tort liability resulting from automobile accidents.
- Defended automobile dealership against claims regarding alleged failures to obtain insurance for customers.
- Assisted two large national manufacturers in obtaining insurance coverage from multiple carriers in two product liability class action lawsuits.
- Successfully defended a large apartment complex owner in a claim brought by a tenant alleging permanent injuries due to mold damage. Obtained a dismissal of the plaintiff’s case on summary judgment in favor of the apartment complex owner.
- Participated in the defense of a large manufacturer of lenticular image products accused of infringing seven patents.
- Represented a large manufacturer in case asserting a violation of trademark involving cybersquatting.
- Represented school districts in employment-related litigation concerning Act 10.
Labor & Employment
- Represented a company against discrimination claim brought by the United States’ Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP).
Food & Beverage Industry
- Aaron has experience representing restaurant and bar owners in various matters including disputes with municipalities, landlord-tenant issues, and employment-related matters.
Admitted, U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin
Admitted, U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
Member, Wisconsin Bar Association
Board of Directors, Waukesha County Bar Association
Member, Serjeant’s Inn
Member, Waukesha County Business Alliance
Member, Inns of Court
Chairperson, Board of Directors, Waukesha County Food Pantry
Board of Directors, Waukesha County Bar Association
Former President, Board of Directors, City of Waukesha Park, Recreation & Forestry Department
Former Commissioner, City of Waukesha Plan Commission
Board of Directors, Waukesha Kiwanis Early Risers (former)
Volunteer, Hunger Task Force
Volunteer Judge, Wisconsin High School Mock Trial Tournament
Published Articles / Presentations
Excerpt from article on negotiation in personal injury context was adapted and published in Alternative Dispute Resolution treatise. 1 Jay E. Grenig, Alternative Dispute Resolution § 17:11 (3rd ed. 2005)