Alec Dobson is a litigation attorney with Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. specializing in health care. He defends long-term care facilities, hospitals, physicians and other health care providers in litigation and regulatory matters. Alec’s clients range from large, national providers to small, family-owned facilities. The matters include issues of medicine and other complex subjects. Before practicing law, Alec was a newspaper journalist.
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Defense of nursing homes and other long-term care providers against negligence lawsuits, including success at trial.
- Defense of providers against claims for punitive damages.
- Pre-suit analysis of claims.
- Enforcement of Alternative Dispute Resolution Agreements.
- Appeals of regulatory citations, including reductions in deficiencies and forfeitures.
- Assistance with Plans of Correction.
- Investigations after incidents and reporting to state authorities.
- Defense of licensure actions.
- Assistance with involuntary discharge actions.
- Drafting of Alternative Dispute Resolution Agreements.
- Drafting of nursing home admission agreements.
Admitted, Wisconsin State Courts
Member, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Litigation section
Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
Member, Defense Research Institute
Member, Long-Term Care Risk Legal Forum
Member, Wisconsin Health Care Association
Member, Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
Former, Officer, Board of Directors, Education Foundation of Wauwatosa
Published Articles / Presentations
Co-Presented “HR Management: Employment Supervision, Management, and Discipline” at Wisconsin Health Care Association (WHCA) and Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WiCAL) (November 2017)
Presented “Nursing Home and Assisted Living Lawsuits: How to Understand Them and Reduce Your Risk” and "Alternative Dispute Resolution: How to Resolve Negligence Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities Without Going to Court” at WHCA and WALA spring conference (April 2014)
Contributing author, “Wisconsin Discovery Law and Practice,” 2011-2020
Presentation to Wisconsin Health Care Association, September 2011
Contributing author, “Annual Survey of Wisconsin Law,” 2008-2010