Rob Macklin has over 20 years of experience advising public and private company clients of all sizes, both domestic and international. He brings a well-rounded, practical skill set from his time working as a General Counsel, leading legal teams for a number of different companies – both domestic and international.
Rob focuses on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, strategic governance, debt and equity capital formation international commercial and compliance, and complex commercial contracting systems and processes.
In addition, Rob served as an intelligence officer for the US Navy working with the Office of Naval Intelligence and deploying to Iraq as part of a joint task force led by SEAL Team 8. In that role, Rob led the human intelligence collections operation for the Team and commanded a detachment of over 30 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines. He received an award from Admiral William McRaven for his service in Iraq, and brings the skills he learned overseas into his practice.
Led over $6B of M&A including:
- Acquisition of Welch Allyn by Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc., a US-based medical technology provider.
- Acquisition of Trumpf Medical, a European-based global surgical equipment business.
- Acquisition of Aspen Surgical Products, a US-based global surgical consumables business.
- Acquisition of Volker group, a Germany-based global hospital bed manufacturer.
- Acquisition of Liko France, a medical device distributor in France and Switzerland
- Numerous minority investments into growth state companies
Successfully led IPO process for Telx Inc. and Motient Corporation.
Raised over $3 billion in capital for companies at various growth stages, including:
- $425 million of publicly traded debt for Hill-Rom.
- $2.7 billion in multiple debt financings for Hill-Rom.
- $100 million credit facility for Telx
- $600 million of preferred and common equity capital for Motient Corporation in a series of transactions
Successfully defended publicly traded Motient Corporation from a proxy challenge by dissident director and institutional shareholder.
At Motient, led reorganization of company in a $2 billion series of transactions.
Managed public disclosure process for Motient, Telx and Hill-Rom.
Led commercial negotiations for various complex supply and sales contracts in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Conducted multiple international and domestic compliance investigations.