Our workforce is an immediate mirror of society’s changes. As society evolves in response to new technologies, new protected classes, and world events, our workforce demands new rights and protections that previously were never even considered. Join us for a discussion of these new and developing rights so that your company is prepared to comply with ever-changing state and federal employment laws.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Social Media freedoms, including NLRB-approved social media policies, employer demands of passwords, and free speech issues
- The NLRB’s increased push to regulate non-union workplaces
- Transgender protections in the workplace
- Discrimination claims related to domestic violence and stalking
- The EEOC’s new emphasis on arrest and conviction record discrimination
- New FMLA regulations
- Changes in immigration compliance
- Changes in background check requirements
- Changes in reasonable accommodation under the ADAAA
This free seminar was held at the Comfort Suites-Rock Garden Conference Center on Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Registration and a continental breakfast will begin at 7:45 a.m., and the program will run from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.