Attorneys Robert W. Burns, Mary S. Gerbig and Anthony J. Steffek of Davis & Kuelthau’s Labor & Employment and Litigation Teams reviewed practical measures to be better prepared should employment litigation be in your business future. In the increasingly litigious times in which we live, even those employers who generally follow “best practices” in the human resources area are likely to find themselves defending a claim or lawsuit from a former employee or unsuccessful applicant.
- Due diligence protocols for adverse employment decisions
- Electronic discovery issues (subpoenas for e-mails, texts, metadata, etc.)
- Importance of litigation “holds”
- Documentation concerns: Is there an “original”?
- Defined decision making
- Non-compete agreement pitfalls
- Separation/severance agreements – do’s and don’ts for effective releases and claim waivers
This complimentary seminar was held at the Comfort Suites-Rock Garden Conference Center in Green Bay, WI on Tuesday, May 12, 2015. Registration and breakfast will started at 7:30 a.m. The program was scheduled from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Registration deadline is Friday, May 8, 2015. If you have questions regarding registration or would like to submit topic-specific questions to be addressed during the program, please contact Stephanie Dantinne at 920.431.2233 or via email.