Information Businesses Need Today to Prepare for a Continually Changing Tomorrow
The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is imparting an unprecedented burden on businesses, municipalities, schools and individuals around the globe. Many retailers are operating in a limited capacity, supply chains are extensively disrupted and impeding manufacturers, and commercial tenants and landlords are at risk due to potential revenue shortfalls. The impact changes daily. While there are many questions arising that are industry-specific, there are also a variety of foundational matters for all entities to review, consider and employ.
Davis|Kuelthau has organized a multidisciplinary team to monitor and address the vast range of litigation, regulatory and transactional challenges faced by companies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. We are regularly issuing guidance and have assembled a summary of some of the many local, state and federal resources available to help businesses with their pandemic preparedness and response efforts. Our team will continue to develop, update and share guidance directly as well as via this resource site. Please consider the fluid nature of the situation and that all information shared is thus current as of the date that it was posted. It is important to also consult federal, state, county and city health agency websites regularly.
As always, we are here for you.
Be safe and be well.
ALL D|K COVID-19 GUIDANCE
As a proud supporter of local manufacturing Davis|Kuelthau is sponsoring BizTimes Media's Next Generation Manufacturing Summit on October 12, 2021 from 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM at The Ingleside Hotel. More than 200 manufacturing leaders are scheduled to attend. Managing Complexities - Culture, Costs, Customers and Supply Chain CEOs from the region’s leading manufacturers will discuss how they are...
Davis|Kuelthau offers complimentary Advisor Series presentations for business advisors across the Green Bay and Greater Fox Valley region. The Advisor Series is intended to facilitate a collaborative relationship among business advisors so we can better serve our clients. All presentations take place at Davis|Kuelthau's Appleton Office located at 2800 East Enterprise Avenue, Appleton, WI 54913....
Click here to access the handout from Davis|Kuelthau’s breakout session at the Family Business Summit from June 29th. This resource provides a summary of the current wealth tax system, the proposed changes, and steps to consider now or in the near future to minimize such taxes.
Davis|Kuelthau is sponsoring BizTimes Media’s Family and Closely Held Business Summit on June 29, 2021, at Brookfield Conference Center from 2:00 – 6:30 PM. Join other family & closely held companies as they navigate the complex issues of maintaining a successful, sustainable family or closely-held business. It’s your opportunity to learn and network with others who are on the same journey...
Davis|Kuelthau in partnership with EnviroForensics, Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI), and Cleaner & Launderer will present, How Much Environmental Cleanup Will Your Insurance Actually Pay For?, a live webinar on Wednesday, June 16th at 12:00 - 1:00 PM CDT. Register Today! This webinar is for drycleaners who are interested in learning more about how state-by-state caselaw can affect...
Davis|Kuelthau is partnering with the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and the Milwaukee 7 Regional Partnership to present the M7 Annual (virtual) Forum, The Great Reset: Rebuilding to the Next Normal on May 26, 2021, from 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon CST. The COVID-19 crisis has placed the leaders of Southeast Wisconsin at a crossroads of balancing short-term challenges with long-term...
Davis|Kuelthau is a proud sponsor of the Milwaukee Business Journal’s Friday, May 14, 2021, Family-Owned Business Virtual Event. Click here to access the on-demand video. Family-owned businesses make up 80 to 90% of all businesses in North America. 2021 has most certainly not been family business as usual. In addition to the unique set of benefits and challenges, the pandemic has added another...
Davis|Kuelthau Estate Planning Attorney Patrick Furman will present to members of the Fox Valley Apartment Association (FVAA) on May 11, 2021 at the Stone Toad. Real estate ownership is a great way of accumulating wealth during your lifetime. During this seminar, Attorney Furman will discuss how your estate planning affects your real estate and what steps landlords should proactively take to...
Davis|Kuelthau Corporate and M&A attorney, Kevin Eismann teamed up with industry leaders to share valuable information about how the M&A market has changed because of COVID. Click here to watch a recording of the webinar. The world has changed a lot in the wake of the pandemic. Businesses of all sizes and in all industries are evaluating what their future looks like as the impact of...
Click here to access the on-demand video. EnviroForensics in partnership with Drycleaning and Laundry Institute International (DLI) and Cleaner & Launderer will present, How to Terminate or Renegotiate Leases for Dry Cleaners, a free live webinar on Tuesday, April 6th at 12:00 PM CDT. The webinar is for drycleaners whose businesses have been impacted by pandemic restrictions and are...
- CDC COVID-19 risk assessment by country
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- 17 responsible live visualizations about the coronavirus
- Number of people currently confirmed to have COVID-19, in the US
- John Hopkins Dashboard Map
International Agency Guidance:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- McKinsey and Company prepared a report on “COVID-19: Implications for business.”
Federal Agency Guidance:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Memo Identifying Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Wage and Hour (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Department of State (State Department)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention central hub for information gov.
- National Center for Health Statistics (CDC)
- Public Health Emergency COVID-19: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Teleworking has never been more important (U.S. Office of Personnel Management)
- Combating the Coronavirus (S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (National Governors Association)
Workplace Guidance for Employees and Employers:
- Federal Employee Rights
- Employee Rights
- Better Business Bureau tips on COVID-19
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC Guidelines for keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 Additional guidelines for employers.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued guidelines for employers on preparing for challenges that may arise because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Workplace Tips and resources for employers to combat the virus.
- View the U.S. Chamber’s Corporate Aid Tracker for details on how businesses are helping nationwide.
- American Chamber of Commerce in China results from Corvid 19 Business Impact survey
- U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Resilience in a Box created in partnership with the UPS Foundation.
- Husch Blackwell posted a blog: Coronavirus at work: Yes, one business meeting can make a difference.
- COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (U.S. Department of Education)
State Agency Guidance:
- Governor Tony Evers Wisconsin COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Business Resources
- Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- COVID-19 Member Guide Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
Hospitality Industry Guidance: