Lawrence J. Glusman
Competitive compensation and benefits (including health, disability, life insurance, 401(k) and pensions plans), continuing education and a professional, congenial work environment are just a few things our firm offers.
We continually seek energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented people committed to helping the firm provide efficient and effective legal services to our clients. Qualified candidates must possess strong organizational and communication skills and a positive attitude.
Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. offers an array of innovative legal solutions to corporate, public, private and individual clients that range from small and midsized institutions to large corporations. Our team of attorneys spans three offices across Wisconsin, and has national experience combined with strong community ties. Together, we provide the full lifecycle of business, labor, and litigation legal services.
We distinguish our services by understanding the market conditions unique to each of our clients’ industries as well as their individual objectives as a business or organization. We understand the ever-changing legal environment that our clients must navigate and assess our clients’ needs from every perspective to ensure we provide them with the guidance that best fits their goals. In short, our team prides itself on partnering with our clients to evaluate the big picture, not merely the legal issue at hand.
Our commitment to innovation drives our client service. By focusing on providing effective legal advice in a professional, competent and responsive manner, we support our clients’ efforts towards their own success. Our clients recognize this. In a recent client survey, 99% of those who responded said they would recommend our firm to a colleague or friend.
Everything we do at the firm builds on this foundation of creative problem solving and diligent client service. Together, we offer efficient implementation of our depth and breadth of our experience. The result has built a long-standing history of success.
D|K has been proudly serving Wisconsin businesses and individuals for more than 50 years and is recognized as one of the largest Milwaukee area law firms by the Milwaukee Business Journal and is among the largest law firms in the greater Fox Valley/Green Bay region as well. The quality and breadth of our services have been recognized by many regarded legal publications including: Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers® in America, and Chambers USA.
Posted: May 22, 2019
Founded in 1967, Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. offers an array of innovative legal solutions to corporate, public, private and individual clients that range from small, midsized institutions to large municipalities and corporations.
We have an opening for a full-time (40 hours/week) Corporate Paralegal responsible for legal support functions in the firm’s Corporate and Real Estate practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including documentation, due diligence, closing and post-closing activities for real estate acquisitions, dispositions, finance, leasing, development and construction projects.
- Ordering, reviewing and identifying issues with title insurance commitments, endorsements, exception documents and surveys, and interfacing directly with the title company and surveyor to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Preparing and administrating contract critical dates and closing checklists.
- Coordinating and assisting with closings, including preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, and other closing documents.
- Attending to all post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, the preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring all post-closing deliveries or requirements.
- Preparing all documents required to form and organize corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and LLCs.
- Assisting with business merger, acquisition and sale transactions.
- Preparing documentation for amendments, withdrawals, and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or LLCs.
- Creating and maintaining corporate and LLC minute books.
- Preparing and filing of UCC filings and handle UCC filing search requests.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate with one to two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, work experience and training in law office setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and work under tight deadlines.
Please submit resume to HR@dkattorneys.com.
* * * *
If you are interested in exploring opportunities with Davis|Kuelthau, please contact Human Resources at HR@dkattorneys.com.