The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is imparting an unprecedented burden on businesses, municipalities, schools and individuals around the globe. Restaurants are being forced to close or operate in a limited capacity, supply chains are extensively disrupted and impeding manufacturers, commercial tenants are at risk due to potential revenue shortfalls, and health care institutions are overwhelmed with patients in many regions. The impact multiplies by the hour. While there are many questions arising that are industry-specific, there are also a variety of foundational matters for all entities to review, consider and employ.
Davis|Kuelthau has organized a multidisciplinary team to monitor and address the vast range of litigation, regulatory and transactional challenges faced by companies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. We are regularly issuing guidance and have begun assembling a summary of some of the many local, state and federal resources available to help businesses with their pandemic preparedness and response efforts. Our team will continue to develop, update and share guidance directly as well as via this resource site in the days ahead. Please consider the fluid nature of the situation and that all information shared is thus current as of the date that it was posted. It is important to also consult federal, state, county and city health agency websites regularly.
As always, we are here for you.
Be safe and be well.
D|K’s Recent Private and Public Sector Guidance
Take Caution with Filing Deadlines During COVID-19 Crisis, April 1, 2020
Webinar: Managing Your Workforce in the #SaferAtHome Era, March 30, 2020
CARES Act Includes Financial Support for Nursing Homes, March 27, 2020
CARES Act: Robust Tax Benefits for Businesses, March 26, 2020
$2 Trillion Stimulus CARES Act – Educational and Labor Impacts, March 26, 2020
SEC Emphasizes Anti-Fraud Protections During COVID-19 Pandemic, March 25, 2020
Emergency Use of Remote Online Notarization, March 20, 2020
COVID-19 and Contract Enforceability, March 20, 2020
COVID-19 Student Loan Impact and COVID-19 Free Testing, March 19, 2020
Business Interruption Insurance for COVID-19, March 18, 2020
New Limits on Gatherings and Private Businesses in Wisconsin, March 17, 2020
Coronavirus Challenges for Commercial Landlords, March 17, 2020
D|K’s Recent Public Sector-Specific Guidance
FAPE During a Pandemic, What Does it Mean?, March 26, 2020
School District COVID-19 Update and Resources, March 19, 2020
International, Federal, State, and Local Health and Safety Resources
Coronavirus Mapping and Data Overview:
- CDC COVID-19 risk assessment by country
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- 17 responsible live visualizations about the coronavirus
- Number of people currently confirmed to have COVID-19, in the US
- John Hopkins Dashboard Map
International Agency Guidance:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- McKinsey and Company prepared a report on “COVID-19: Implications for business.”
Federal Agency Guidance:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Memo Identifying Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Wage and Hour (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Department of State (State Department)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention central hub for information gov.
- National Center for Health Statistics (CDC)
- Public Health Emergency COVID-19: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Teleworking has never been more important (U.S. Office of Personnel Management)
- Combating the Coronavirus (S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (National Governors Association)
Workplace Guidance for Employees and Employers:
- Federal Employee Rights
- Employee Rights
- Better Business Bureau tips on COVID-19
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC Guidelines for keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 Additional guidelines for employers.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued guidelines for employers on preparing for challenges that may arise because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Workplace Tips and resources for employers to combat the virus.
- View the U.S. Chamber’s Corporate Aid Tracker for details on how businesses are helping nationwide.
- American Chamber of Commerce in China results from Corvid 19 Business Impact survey
- U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Resilience in a Box created in partnership with the UPS Foundation.
- Husch Blackwell posted a blog: Coronavirus at work: Yes, one business meeting can make a difference.
- COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (U.S. Department of Education)
State Agency Guidance:
- Governor Tony Evers Wisconsin COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Business Resources
- Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- COVID-19 Member Guide Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
Hospitality Industry Guidance: