Davis & Kuelthau’s Labor & Employment, Municipal, and School and Higher Education Law Teams proudly hosted our 37th Annual Public Officials Program for veteran and newly-elected public officials on April 29, 2015. Members of our Green Bay, Oshkosh, and Milwaukee offices updated public officials on several topics:
- Although the constitutionality of Act 10 was confirmed by the Wisconsin Supreme Court last summer, there are a number of cases around the state dealing with a variety of issues arising out of the post-Act 10 era;
- Recent Supreme Court retirement vesting decisions;
- Common questions relating to the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and Employee Trust Fund (ETF);
- The effect of the annual re-certification elections, as well as new unit elections and other ongoing developments; and
- Suggestions for updating statutory grievance procedures.
Other legislation or administrative regulations potentially affecting public entities in Wisconsin as well as updates of public records and open meeting laws will be addressed.
The evening concluded with a question and answer panel of Davis & Kuelthau professionals who collaborated on responses to questions regarding the topics presented as well as address any other issues of interest to public officials.
Who Should Attend
School board members, city council members, town and village board members, county board members, school administrators, mayors, county executives, municipal administrators, human resource professionals and others who have an interest in public sector issues will benefit from attending this program. The program will be particularly helpful to newly-elected public officials.
When and Where
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Liberty Hall Banquet and Conference Center
(Located minutes off Hwy 41 — Hwy 441 and County Road CE)
800 Eisenhower Drive
5:00 p.m. – Registration
5:30 p.m. – Reception
6:00 p.m. – Dinner
7:00 p.m. – Program
How to Register
Please contact Stephanie Dantinne at 920.431.2233 or via e-mail with any questions.