Davis & Kuelthau’s Labor & Employment, Municipal, and School and Higher Education Teams are proudly hosting our 38th Annual Public Officials Program for veteran and newly-elected public officials on April 27, 2016.
Our public sector team will update attendees on several topics including:
- Review of selected decisions or cases around the state dealing with a variety of issues arising out of the post-Act 10 era;
- Open meetings/public records update;
- Impact of Flambeau federal court decision on wellness plans;
- FLSA changes on the horizon which could require reclassifying some employees and incurring additional overtime costs; and
- Benefits and Affordable Care Act (ACA) update of interest to public sector employees.
The evening will conclude with a question and answer panel of Davis & Kuelthau professionals who will collaborate on responses to questions regarding the topics presented as well as address any other issues of interest to public officials.
Who Should Attend
School board members, city council members, town and village board members, county board members, school administrators, mayors, county executives, municipal administrators, human resource professionals and others who have an interest in public sector issues will benefit from attending this program. The program will be particularly helpful to newly-elected public officials.
When and Where
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Liberty Hall Banquet and Conference Center
(Located minutes off Hwy 41 — Hwy 441 and County Road CE)
800 Eisenhower Drive
5:00 p.m. – Registration
5:30 p.m. – Reception
6:00 p.m. – Dinner
7:00 p.m. – Program
Please contact Brandy Riley at 414.225.7508 or via e-mail with any questions.