Davis & Kuelthau’s 39th Annual Public Officials Program
Davis & Kuelthau’s Labor & Employment, Municipal, and School and Higher Education Teams are proudly hosting our 39th Annual Public Officials Program for veteran and newly-elected public officials on April 26, 2017.
Our public sector team will update attendees on several topics including:
- Pending Supreme Court and state cases related to transgender students and employees.
- Current developments in employee benefits.
- Municipal statutory immunity from liability.
- Public records and open meeting matters.
- Latest trends including DACA adjudications;
- Executive Orders concerning ICE enforcement policies;
- Immigration enforcement in “Sensitive Locations” including schools, hospitals, churches and public events;
- Rights and responsibilities of public institutions when interacting with ICE and undocumented residents.
The evening will conclude with a question and answer panel of Davis & Kuelthau attorneys who will collaborate on responses to questions regarding the topics presented as well as address any other issues of interest to public officials.
Who Should Attend
School board members, city council members, town and village board members, county board members, school administrators, mayors, county executives, municipal administrators, human resource professionals and others who have an interest in public sector issues will benefit from attending this program. The program will be particularly helpful to newly-elected public officials.
When and Where
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
(Located a minute off I-41 at County Road S/Freedom Exit)
3177 French Road
De Pere, WI
5:00 p.m. – Registration
5:30 p.m. – Reception
6:00 p.m. – Dinner
7:00 p.m. – Program