You asked. We answered. Davis & Kuelthau is launching a high-level discussion series to help Wisconsin’s business executives stay ahead of the curve on trending labor, employment and immigration factors impacting their bottom line. Our Labor and Employment Team understands the value of a productive workforce and thus aligns closely with businesses to help attract, retain, build and collaborate with their employees.
Focused on cutting-edge topics, this executive-level program is designed to help business leaders develop and employ strategies aligned with their comprehensive, long-term business goals. Together, we’ll discuss the issues at large and provide practical concepts for implementation within your respective workplace cultures. Topics will include:
- Converting your workforce given the pending changes to wage and hour laws
- Employee or independent contractor? Navigating the liabilities of misclassification.
- Working with transgender clients and employees
- Factoring developments at the NLRB
- Identifying who is legally employable in today’s market
Stay tuned for upcoming programs.
- Risky Business: Managing Risk Near and Far, May 17, 2016
Advisors from Johnson Financial Group and Davis & Kuelthau along with area CFOs, CEOs, COOs, controllers and HR professionals addressed the latest factors creating unnecessary risks in your business throughout 2016 and beyond.This program featured perspectives from legal and risk management & insurance brokerage professionals concerning a host of business risks prevalent in places as diverse as the local workplace and the global marketplace. Key topics included:
- New workforce regulations: key impacts on employers
- Personal liability in the corporate world: owners & officers beware
- Navigating risky contract provisions
- Andrew Schumacher, Vice President, Johnson Financial Group
- Thomas Rohan, Attorney, Corporate, D&K
- Sherry Coley, Attorney, Litigation, D&K
- Bruce Deadman, Attorney, Labor & Employment, D&K
This complimentary seminar was held at the Comfort Suites- Rock Garden Conference in Green Bay, WI on Tuesday, May 17, 2016. Registration and breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m. The program was scheduled from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
If you would like to receive more information on this series or would be interested in hosting this program at your facility, please click here. For any other questions, please contact Brandy Riley, Marketing Coordinator at Davis & Kuelthau, s.c., at 414.225.7508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.