On September 14th, Davis|Kuelthau Labor and Employment Attorneys Bob Burns, James Kalny, Tony Steffek, and Abby Tilkens will present at the Green Bay Chapter SHRM’s Legal Update Conference.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
OPENING: General Session – Legal Updates – This opening session will discuss new developments in the law, including new statutes, important court decisions, and regulatory activity over the past year.
Breakout sessions offered during session 1:
- Advanced Wage and Hour –Is there such a thing as a discretionary bonus? Get answers to all your difficult FLSA questions (wage/hour class action suits, overtime calculations, work off the clock, etc.)
- 1-800-Lawyer – When to call your attorney: Learn how to effectively use legal counsel.
Breakout sessions offered during session 2:
- Unlawful Harassment: Define what makes harassment unlawful, investigations and scenarios.
- How all Employers are Affected by Labor Laws and How to Minimize Exposure: Discussion will include helpful tactics to avoid them and minimize your exposure.
CLOSING: General Session – Advanced ADA/FMLA/FFCRA – This closing session will tackle more advanced issues under the ADA and FMLA, as well as other leave laws, including overlapping leave obligations, complex employee leave and return to work situations, and some of the more complicated administrative issues resulting from an employer’s obligations under these laws.
7:30AM – 8:00AM Registration and Light Breakfast
8:00AM – 8:15AM Welcome and SHRM Business
8:15 AM – 9:15 AM General Session – Legal Update -Presented by Abby Tilkens and Shane Anderson
9:15AM – 9:45AM Vendor Fair & Silent Auction Bidding
9:45AM – 10:45 AM Breakout Session (choose 1):
- Advanced Wage and Hour – Presented by Aaron McCann & Kurt Goehre
- 1-800-Lawyer – Presented by Bob Burns and Ross Townsend
10:45AM – 11:00AM Silent Auction Bidding
11:00AM – 12:00PM Breakout Session II (choose 1):
- Unlawful Harassment – Presented by Tony Steffek & Jim Kalny
- Union Avoidance – Presented by Geoff Lacy and Jodi Arndt Labs
12:00PM – 12:30 PM Lunch and Vendor Fair
12:30PM – 1:30PM General Session – Advanced ADA/FMLA- Presented by Geoff Lacy and Jodi Arndt Labs
1:30PM – 1:45PM Pick up your Silent Auction Winning Items
Reservation Deadline for this meeting is Friday, September 9th at 5:00 PM
$50 – GB SHRM Member*
$60 – Guest of GB SHRM Member/Non-Member*
$25 – SHRM Student Chapter Member
For more information, or to register, click here.