As a sponsor of MMAC, we supported M7’s The Great Reset: Rebuilding to the Next Normal and are offering complimentary access to the forum replay. See below for details.
View On-Demand Recordings
Please fill out the form to the access the on-demand recordings. For event details including the breakout sessions, please see the summary noted below.
Davis|Kuelthau partnered with the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce and the Milwaukee 7 Regional Partnership to present the M7 Annual (virtual) Forum, The Great Reset: Rebuilding to the Next Normal. The COVID-19 crisis has placed the leaders of Southeast Wisconsin at a crossroads of balancing short-term challenges with long-term uncertainties and opportunities. Leaders discussed strategies around talent, innovation, business development, and community as we continue to strengthen our regional economy.
Amy Liu – VP & Director of Brookings, Metropolitan Policy Program
A national expert on cities and metropolitan areas, she will translate research and data into actions, including:
- Insights into Brookings Metro Recovery Index and economic trends comparing Milwaukee to peer metros and nationally
- COVID-19’s impacts near and long term toward equitable growth
- What leaders can do to double-down on equitable recovery, suggested strategies, and best practices
Lafayette Crump, Commissioner, Milwaukee Dept. of City Development
Rebekah Kowalski – VP, Manpower Manufacturing at ManpowerGroup
Followed by a panel of talent developers discussing priorities and strategies in response to the new labor trends.
- What labor market trends have been interrupted or accelerated due to COVID-19, the economic downturn, and continued technological disruption?
- How have job growth forecasts recalibrated in the M7 region? Where have expectations been lowered and where is there new growth?
- What will be the key skills in demand to fill growing roles? Are there opportunities to reskill & redeploy workers dislocated during the pandemic?
- What are the downstream impacts of the shifts/disruptions for education and workforce development systems? How can talent developers adapt to support regional employers and the current & future workforce?
- How can we future-proof our workforce through continued upskilling and reskilling?
1. MKE’s Place in the Global Economy: Trends Impacting Corporate Investment & Job Creation – Leading site selection consultants share the latest industry trends and their perspectives on the Milwaukee Region’s competitive position in attracting corporate investment nationally and internationally.
- Jason Hickey – President/CEO, Hickey & Associates
- Brad Migdal – Senior Managing Director, Cushman & Wakefield
2. Turning Insights into Innovation in Times of Overwhelming Change – Hear from leaders of nationally known Milwaukee Region brands, along with Dr. Craig Fleisher from national competitive intelligence firm Aurora WDC, about how companies are reprioritizing their strategic plans, reskilling their people, redeveloping their products and recalibrating company culture to meet the challenges of the post-pandemic economy.
- Dr. Craig S. Fleisher – Chief Analytics Officer, Aurora WDC
3. Regional Career Pathways Initiative Working Session – Overview of Pathways WI initiative and M7 region’s five high-demand career pathways. More information on the initiative can be found here.