Commercial Finance Team
- Kathryn M. Blom
- Sherry D. Coley
- Timothy J. Feldhausen
- Scott E. Fiducci
- Lawrence J. Glusman
- Robert W. Habich
- Russell S. Long
- Heather J. Macklin
- Jennifer L. Meyer
- Thomas V. Rohan
- Julie A. Seno
- John H. Shore
- Joseph E. Tierney IV
- Adrian T. Ulatowski
- Michael Van Someren
- Tiffany E. Woelfel
- Lisa Kleiner Wood
At Davis|Kuelthau, each unique commercial finance transaction requires thoughtful planning and counsel. Our attorneys take a creative approach to representing institutional lenders and borrowers in sophisticated commercial loan transactions and other credit facilities. Our clients include many leading banks, national life insurance companies, residential, retail, office and medical facility real estate developers; and privately held and publicly traded companies with annual revenues from $1 million to $250 million and more.
By understanding the business and goals of our clients we ensure that their experiences with the commercial finance process are smooth, efficient, and cost-effective from initial negotiations to closing and throughout the life of the credit facility. At the same time, we remain focused on managing and controlling the unique set of risks facing each of our clients. Our goal is simple — provide value throughout the commercial finance process by facilitating the orderly completion of transactions while at the same time mitigating our clients’ risks.
Secured and Unsecured Financing
Our commercial finance services include negotiating, structuring and documenting secured and unsecured financing transactions involving both personal and real property, including:
- Working capital and revolving credit loans
- Term and convertible term facilities
- Construction loans
- Commercial real estate loans
- Commercial paper and letter-of-credit facilities
- Syndications and participations
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Interest rate swaps and other derivative transactions
In addition to conventional commercial financing, we represent underwriters, investment banks, letter of credit providers and borrowers in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds by state and municipal issuers for general government purposes or on behalf of 501(c)(3) entities and other borrowers.
Loan Restructuring and Workouts
As part of our commitment to assist clients, we also provide assistance to creditors when loans become troubled. Our attorneys have substantial experience in restructuring problem loans, negotiating workouts, and enforcing of creditors’ rights and remedies through foreclosures, replevins, receiverships, non-judicial sale of collateral, and bankruptcies.
How D|K Can Help:
- Commercial Contracting: technology and license contracting, software.
- Corporate Transactions: debt and equity offerings – public and private, M&A, joint ventures, strategic transactions.
- Labor and Employment: HR infrastructure and documentation, benefits and compensation, training, investigations, and compliance.
- Financial: securities, foreclosures, loan agreements, assets.
- Dispute Resolution: director and officer insurance, commercial litigation, pre-litigation management.
News & Events
- Attorneys Lawrence Glusman and Julie Seno Named Co-Chairs of Davis|Kuelthau’s Commercial Finance TeamMarch 25, 2021 - In the News Press Releases
- Davis|Kuelthau Adds Epiphany Law Team, Expanding Existing Presence in the Fox Valley RegionFebruary 25, 2021 - In the News Press Releases
- Attorney Sherry Coley Named Firm’s New Office Managing Partner for Appleton and Green Bay OfficesJanuary 28, 2021 - In the News Press Releases
- Webinar | COVID-19 Relief in 2021: What Employers Need to KnowJanuary 21, 2021 - Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Attorney Michael Van Someren Named Chair of Capital Markets TeamDecember 9, 2020 - In the News Press Releases
- Corporate Attorney Lawrence J. Glusman Receives the Marketplace 2020 Diverse Business Development Award from WEDCDecember 7, 2020 - In the News Press Releases
- Livestream | Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants 2020 Accounting and Auditing ConferenceNovember 18, 2020 - Events
- NAIOP Development Showcase Series | Bike Tour of West AllisSeptember 10, 2020 - Events
- Webinar | PPP Flexibility Act of 2020: What Are Your Options Now?June 16, 2020 - Events
- Milwaukee Business Journal Published an Executive Profile on Attorney Russell LongMay 15, 2020 - In the News
Milwaukee Business Journal’s Table of Experts: Revisiting the Paycheck Protection Program
February 19, 2021
SBA Issues “Change of Ownership” Procedures for PPP Borrowers: M&A Transactions Must Now Be Reviewed for Compliance
October 7, 2020
SBA Releases Revised and EZ Forms For PPP Loan Forgiveness Application: What’s New, What Changed and What Stayed the Same
June 18, 2020
PPP Flexibility Act of 2020 Passes Congress: Covered Period Increased for Up to 24 Weeks Among Other Changes Useful for Some But Not All Borrowers
June 4, 2020
SBA Releases PPP Loan Forgiveness Application and Instructions: Lays Out Calculation Process and Clarifies Some Open Questions
May 16, 2020
SBA Creates New Safe Harbor for PPP Certification Review: Loans Under $2 Million Deemed Certified in Good Faith and Loans Over $2 Million Subject to Possible Loss of Forgiveness (Updated May 14, 2020: New PPP FAQ #47 published)
May 13, 2020
Breaking News: SBA Extends PPP Safe Harbor Repayment Deadline to May 14: Promises Additional Guidance on Certification Review
May 5, 2020
Limited Safe Harbor May 14 Deadline Looms: Did I Misunderstand or Misapply the PPP Borrower Certification?
May 5, 2020
Save Small Business Fund: Provides Grants to the Smallest of Small Businesses, Opens April 20
April 17, 2020
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES): Title IV – Assistance to Severely Distressed Sectors of the United States Economy
March 26, 2020