Commercial Litigation Team
Gregory E. Mueller
F: 414.278.3831Download VCard
Legal disputes that affect your business are the domain of our Commercial Litigation Practice Team. We help clients anticipate, avoid, resolve and win legal claims.
Our trial attorneys have successfully handled hundreds of cases in front of juries, judges, arbitrators, mediators, and administrative tribunals at all levels of the court system from administrative level to the circuit court through appeals and supreme courts in numerous jurisdictions in local, state, federal, and international venues. We frequently spare clients the costs and uncertainties of trial by successfully defending the case through dismissals, summary judgments or settlements using creative and scholarly presentation of legal arguments.
We service a wide range of clients including closely-held businesses to multi-national corporations, financial institutions, municipalities and municipal entities, school districts, entrepreneurs, other professionals, and non-profit organizations.
Areas of conflict we handle
- Breach of contract
- Regulatory compliance disputes
- Antitrust and fair trade matters
- Unfair competition issues
- Local, state and federal environmental disputes
- Professional liability
- Wrongful employment conduct, including embezzlement schemes, use of confidential information, theft of trade secrets and violation of non-competition agreements
- Shareholder and partner disputes
- Securities violations
- Creditors’ rights
Three fundamental pillars of service
- Business First. We recognize that every legal dispute poses its own unique business issues, objectives, priorities, and opportunities. Public reputation and image, competitive advantage, financial status and economic impact are among the many factors at stake. Our first step in any litigation matter is to work with our client to identify the business interests and objectives implicated by the dispute. We then devise and continually reassess a customized litigation strategy in light of the interests and objectives identified.
- Uncompromised Client Service. We provide clients with prompt, attentive, aggressive and zealous advocacy. We develop a communication plan early so that any and all affected client representatives are frequently advised and consulted on all litigation activities.
- Efficient Use of Personnel and Technology. We frequently draw on the extensive experience of the firm’s transactional lawyers from other practice groups who are well-versed in underlying business issues, like tax, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, employee benefits and intellectual property. Our efforts are further supported by state-of-the-art technology, including electronic document management, computer-aided presentation systems, and the latest in electronic discovery methods. It is our goal to staff matters leanly and efficiently to provide the best value of service to our client, with minimal overhead.
Commercial Litigation Team
Matthew R. McClean
News & Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2019’s “Best Law Firms” November 1, 2018 -
- 26 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Guide August 15, 2018 -
- Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Appointed to Leadership Roles for State Bar of Wisconsin June 20, 2018 -
- Attorney Sherry Coley Selected as Woman in the Law by Wisconsin Law Journal June 18, 2018 -
- Attorneys Sherry Coley and Elizabeth Miles Win State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors Positions April 30, 2018 -
Have You Heard About the Emerging Contaminants?
By: Ted A. Warpinski Well, it turns out they have been around for a long time but, like many industrial chemicals, it is really the knowledge about their persistence in the environment and toxic effects to people that seems to be emerging. The emerging contaminants I am writing about are known in the environmental field…Read more
Joe Heino, Sherry Coley and Erin Kaprelian Author Chapter in 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments
Davis|Kuelthau IP attorneys contributed to the 3rd edition of Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments 2019, published by Chambers Global Practice Guide. This guide is published within various areas of law and jurisdictions where a selection of legal experts, chosen by Chambers, elaborates on important legal issues in relation to the current market trends and…Read more
Attorneys Ted Warpinski and Chris Meuler Author Wetland Permitting Article for American Bar Association Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog
Litigation attorneys, Ted Warpinski and Christopher Meuler authored a post for the American Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog. Their blog post, The Boundaries of State Assumption of Wetland Permitting Authority Get Tested, discusses the pros and cons of a delegation program authorized by section 404(g) of the Clean Water Act (CWA). Click here to read the blog post.Read more