Kevin J. Lyons
F: 414.278.3602Download VCard
Davis|Kuelthau’s Construction Industry Team provides proactive, industry based legal counsel to private and public owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers addressing the full spectrum of challenges. Our Team includes 19 seasoned construction attorneys offering collective experience in each of the wide range of legal specialties unique to construction projects. Our clients rely on us for assistance with real estate, insurance coverage, bankruptcy and insolvency, risk management, construction contract drafting, labor and employment law, as well as the litigation or arbitration of construction disputes.
We are well-equipped to provide start-to-finish services on your project, from the acquisition of real estate and the negotiation of construction contracts, all the way through the post-completion litigation or arbitration of disputes. We take a practical, problem-solving approach to legal issues, always seeking an efficient and cost-effective path to resolution. Our goal is to avoid, reduce and resolve conflict; however, when conflicts are not resolved during project construction, we advocate vigorously, and achieve favorable results for our clients via arbitration, litigation and settlement negotiation.
Beyond our outside counsel work, we frequently serve in an outside general counsel role for clients in the construction industry, providing a broad array of services as they become necessary on any given project. In addition to traditional construction law services, these engagements often involve counsel on labor and employment, tax, general business issues, and many other topics.
We regularly counsel clients in all of the following:
- Construction project planning, including core team and delivery method selection
- Construction contract drafting and negotiation
- Real estate acquisition, zoning and variance issues
- Competitive bidding, including bid disputes
- Contract administration, including change order and other ongoing project issues
- Construction lien enforcement and defense
- Construction site safety and injury claims
- Payment claims, including delay, acceleration, and differing site conditions claims
- Construction defect claims
- Design defect claims
- Insurance coverage analysis and disputes
- Labor and employment issues and disputes
- Insolvency and bankruptcy implications
- Litigation of construction disputes in state and federal courts
- Mediation and arbitration of construction disputes
James E. Braza
News & Events
- Attorney Brian J. Pfeil Named Chair of Davis|Kuelthau’s Litigation Team January 30, 2020 -
- Milwaukee Business Journal – Downtown CEO Roundtable January 9, 2020 -
- Milwaukee Business Journal’s Economic Forecast December 30, 2019 -
- Davis|Kuelthau Appoints Robert W. Habich and Sherry D. Coley to its Board of Directors November 21, 2019 -
- New North 2019 Summit November 12, 2019 -
- Guidance for Businesses Resolving Multiple “Shelter in Place” Orders and Differing Definitions of “Essential Business”
- SEC Emphasizes Anti-Fraud Protections During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Are You an “Essential Business” in Wisconsin Under the Safer At Home Order?