Charles G. Maris
F: 262.792.2474Download VCard
Davis|Kuelthau is perfectly sized to economically and efficiently meet our business clients’ needs without compromising service. With a state-wide presence, we are large enough to have significant capability and depth in all areas of corporate and business law, yet small enough to provide our clients with personalized, proactive, common-sense business and legal advice. As a mid-sized firm, we experience the same business realities that our clients face. We know that cost efficiency and long-term results matter and we are dedicated to finding creative ways to explore options from all perspectives.
On a daily basis, we counsel clients of all sizes from sole proprietorships and small, family-owned businesses to multinational, Fortune 500 corporations.
General Corporate Services
- Incorporations and dissolutions
- Start-up advice
- Commercial finance
- Contract preparation and review
- Recapitalizations and reorganizations
- Shareholder, partnership and operating agreements
- Executive compensation agreements
- Employment and non-compete agreements
- Intellectual Property, including trade secrets, patents, copyrights and franchising
- Mergers & Acquisitions, including management buy-outs
- Estates & Trusts, including succession planning
- Commercial Real Estate, including purchase, development, leasing, construction, and financing
- Labor & Employment, including benefits, immigration, discipline and discharge, and contract negotiation
- Commercial Litigation, including defense of products liability, construction and real estate litigation, insurance coverage, and general liability.
Christopher J. Jaekels
News & Events
- Waukesha County 2035 Summit March 11, 2019 -
- Step-by-Step Estate Planning II – State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar Series February 7, 2019 -
- 33rd Annual DBE Workshop and Secretary’s Golden Shovel Awards February 5, 2019 -
- Real Estate Attorney Robert W. Habich Recognized as a Leader in the Law by Wisconsin Law Journal January 31, 2019 -
- Milwaukee Business Journal I-94 Corridor Flash Forum: Foxconn and Beyond January 30, 2019 -
Have You Heard About the Emerging Contaminants?
By: Ted A. Warpinski Well, it turns out they have been around for a long time but, like many industrial chemicals, it is really the knowledge about their persistence in the environment and toxic effects to people that seems to be emerging. The emerging contaminants I am writing about are known in the environmental field…Read more
Joe Heino, Sherry Coley and Erin Kaprelian Author Chapter in 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments
Davis|Kuelthau IP attorneys contributed to the 3rd edition of Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments 2019, published by Chambers Global Practice Guide. This guide is published within various areas of law and jurisdictions where a selection of legal experts, chosen by Chambers, elaborates on important legal issues in relation to the current market trends and…Read more
Attorneys Ted Warpinski and Chris Meuler Author Wetland Permitting Article for American Bar Association Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog
Litigation attorneys, Ted Warpinski and Christopher Meuler authored a post for the American Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog. Their blog post, The Boundaries of State Assumption of Wetland Permitting Authority Get Tested, discusses the pros and cons of a delegation program authorized by section 404(g) of the Clean Water Act (CWA). Click here to read the blog post.Read more