Mergers and Acquisitions
Whether buying or selling your business, the innovative lawyers at Davis|Kuelthau offer more than simple legal advice. We bring practical, real-world experience to help evaluate all options to overcome the legal, and the business pitfalls that accompany all mergers and acquisitions. We also counsel on advance planning so our clients are ready to act when the right opportunity arises.
We pride ourselves on our efficiency and ability to devise creative solutions that are consistent with our clients’ goals, budget, and risk tolerance level. We take the time to thoroughly understand our clients’ business so that we can help them make sound business decisions.
- Stock and asset purchases and sales (buyer and seller)
- Divestitures and spin-offs
- Mergers (target and acquirer)
- Tax-free reorganizations, recapitalizations, conversions and other types of corporate restructuring
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Management led and other leveraged buyouts
- Joint venture transactions
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Stock repurchase programs
- Stockholder proxy contests and related shareholder actions
- Advise governing boards and management regarding fiduciary duties to stockholders, employees and other constituencies
We handle a variety of transactions, from relatively straightforward, small transactions to complex deals involving hundreds of millions of dollars. No matter is too simple or too difficult.
Likewise, no client is too big or too small. We regularly represent individuals, entities, management groups, nonprofit organizations and employee stock ownership plans of all sizes and spanning all types of industries.
Davis|Kuelthau’s lawyers have developed extensive contacts with financial institutions, investment banks, equity funds, venture capital groups and merger and acquisition consultants, as well as with the general business and political community. We are able to use these contacts to assist our clients with locating these types of strategic partners.
We also recognize that corporate transactions do not occur in isolation. Our unique perspective provides us with insight into the many issues that arise in the context of a merger or acquisition, such as antitrust, bankruptcy, environmental, regulatory, securities, employment and benefit issues, tax concerns, intellectual property rights, or environmental liability. Our lawyers provide clients with a coordinated, comprehensive and creative solution to their deal.
News & Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Attorney Michael Van Someren Named Chair of Capital Markets TeamDecember 9, 2020 - In the News Press Releases
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Selected 14 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys for 2020November 17, 2020 - In the News Press Releases
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2021’s “Best Law Firms”November 5, 2020 - Press Releases
- 30 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 GuideAugust 20, 2020 - Press Releases
- Milwaukee Business Journal’s Economic ForecastDecember 30, 2019 - Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Appoints Robert W. Habich and Sherry D. Coley to its Board of DirectorsNovember 21, 2019 - Press Releases
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Selected 15 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys for 2019November 11, 2019 - Press Releases
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2020’s “Best Law Firms”November 1, 2019 - Press Releases
- CEO Breakfast & Strategy Series 2020September 6, 2019 - Events
- 28 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 GuideAugust 15, 2019 - Press Releases
SBA Issues “Change of Ownership” Procedures for PPP Borrowers: M&A Transactions Must Now Be Reviewed for Compliance
October 7, 2020
SEC Emphasizes Anti-Fraud Protections During COVID-19 Pandemic
March 25, 2020
Modern Commercial Financing: Your Guide to Regulation A+
September 25, 2017
Is Now the Right Time to Get Your Company Ready to Sell?
June 12, 2017
Corporate Attorney Tom Rohan Discusses Commercial Contract Provisions in New North B2B Publication
September 1, 2015
Corporate Attorney Tom Rohan Discusses Commercial Contracts in New North B2B Publication
March 1, 2015