Mergers and Acquisitions Team
Mergers and Acquisitions
Whether buying or selling your business, the innovative lawyers at Davis|Kuelthau offer more than simple legal advice. We bring practical, real-world experience to help evaluate all options to overcome the legal, and the business pitfalls that accompany all mergers and acquisitions. We also counsel on advance planning so our clients are ready to act when the right opportunity arises.
We pride ourselves on our efficiency and ability to devise creative solutions that are consistent with our clients’ goals, budget, and risk tolerance level. We take the time to thoroughly understand our clients’ business so that we can help them make sound business decisions.
- Stock and asset purchases and sales (buyer and seller)
- Divestitures and spin-offs
- Mergers (target and acquirer)
- Tax-free reorganizations, recapitalizations, conversions and other types of corporate restructuring
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Management led and other leveraged buyouts
- Joint venture transactions
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Stock repurchase programs
- Stockholder proxy contests and related shareholder actions
- Advise governing boards and management regarding fiduciary duties to stockholders, employees and other constituencies
We handle a variety of transactions, from relatively straightforward, small transactions to complex deals involving hundreds of millions of dollars. No matter is too simple or too difficult.
Likewise, no client is too big or too small. We regularly represent individuals, entities, management groups, nonprofit organizations and employee stock ownership plans of all sizes and spanning all types of industries.
Davis|Kuelthau’s lawyers have developed extensive contacts with financial institutions, investment banks, equity funds, venture capital groups and merger and acquisition consultants, as well as with the general business and political community. We are able to use these contacts to assist our clients with locating these types of strategic partners.
We also recognize that corporate transactions do not occur in isolation. Our unique perspective provides us with insight into the many issues that arise in the context of a merger or acquisition, such as antitrust, bankruptcy, environmental, regulatory, securities, employment and benefit issues, tax concerns, intellectual property rights, or environmental liability. Our lawyers provide clients with a coordinated, comprehensive and creative solution to their deal.
News & Events
- Reverse Diligence in M&A: How Attorneys Can Use Red Teaming in the M&A ProcessSeptember 27, 2022 - Events
- 30 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 GuideAugust 18, 2022 - Press Releases
- Goldman Sachs Home Improvement Industry Conference | Private Equity Trends in Home Improvement June 6, 2022 - Events
- 2022 Milwaukee Smart Business Dealmakers ConferenceMay 24, 2022 - Events
- A Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty InsuranceMay 19, 2022 - Events
- 5th Annual Midwestern M&A/Private Equity ForumMay 5, 2022 - Events
- D|K Advisor SeriesNovember 17, 2021 - Events
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Selected 14 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys for 2021November 16, 2021 - Press Releases
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2022’s “Best Law Firms”November 4, 2021 - Press Releases
- Webinar | Reverse Diligence in M&A: How attorneys can use red teaming in the M&A processOctober 14, 2021 - Events
Five Common Mistakes Business Owners Make When Selling Their Business
June 21, 2022
A Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty Insurance
June 14, 2022
NDAs – Significant Business Tool or Simply More Paperwork?
November 23, 2021
Driving Value Before an M&A Transaction
November 18, 2021
M&A Market is Still Hot—For Now
August 25, 2021
Corporate Transparency Act and its Impact on Your Business
August 18, 2021
Why “Red Teaming” is Critical When Selling a Business
July 6, 2021
Mitigating Merger & Acquisition Risks in the Era of COVID-19
November 12, 2020
SBA Issues “Change of Ownership” Procedures for PPP Borrowers: M&A Transactions Must Now Be Reviewed for Compliance
October 7, 2020
SEC Emphasizes Anti-Fraud Protections During COVID-19 Pandemic
March 25, 2020