Jacqueline L. Messler
F: 262.792.2459Download VCard
At Davis|Kuelthau we guide our clients through all areas of international, federal, state and local taxes. We continually monitor changes and developments in tax law which may affect our clients and constantly work to provide the most creative and cost-effective tax solutions. Our attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs) assess the overall business and personal goals of our clients and match them with our knowledge of the law in order to develop the most innovative approach to resolve disputes, address tax appeals, meeting with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the Department of Revenue. We are zealous advocates of our clients interests before administrative branches of government and in the courts.
We offer practical and straightforward advice to individuals as well as public, private and closely-held businesses. Our attorneys and CPAs guide clients through tax law in complex areas including:
- Audits, appeals and trials related to excise, sales, use, property and franchise tax
- Tax compliance and dispute resolution
- Tax advice for businesses exploring mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, and other transactions
- Tax advice for employers and individuals related to compensation
- Property tax, assessments and exemptions
- Tax litigation
We are well equipped to handle disputes with the IRS, as well as state taxing authorities. We handle all stages of tax controversy matters at both the administrative and judicial levels.
Our tax attorneys have experience in national accounting firms, with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and various governmental agencies.
Gregory J. Sell
News & Events
- Step-by-Step Estate Planning II – State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar Series February 7, 2019 -
- CEO Breakfast & Strategy Series 2019 November 12, 2018 -
- Milwaukee Business Journal’s Economic Forecast December 14, 2018 -
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2019’s “Best Law Firms” November 1, 2018 -
- Strafford Webinar | Reconciling State and Federal Audits After New IRS Partnership Audit Regulations: Tax Reporting Challenges October 26, 2018 -
Have You Heard About the Emerging Contaminants?
By: Ted A. Warpinski Well, it turns out they have been around for a long time but, like many industrial chemicals, it is really the knowledge about their persistence in the environment and toxic effects to people that seems to be emerging. The emerging contaminants I am writing about are known in the environmental field…Read more
Joe Heino, Sherry Coley and Erin Kaprelian Author Chapter in 2019 Chambers Global Practice Guide on Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments
Davis|Kuelthau IP attorneys contributed to the 3rd edition of Trade Marks USA: Trends and Developments 2019, published by Chambers Global Practice Guide. This guide is published within various areas of law and jurisdictions where a selection of legal experts, chosen by Chambers, elaborates on important legal issues in relation to the current market trends and…Read more
Attorneys Ted Warpinski and Chris Meuler Author Wetland Permitting Article for American Bar Association Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog
Litigation attorneys, Ted Warpinski and Christopher Meuler authored a post for the American Bar Association’s Environmental and Energy Litigation Blog. Their blog post, The Boundaries of State Assumption of Wetland Permitting Authority Get Tested, discusses the pros and cons of a delegation program authorized by section 404(g) of the Clean Water Act (CWA). Click here to read the blog post.Read more