At Davis|Kuelthau we guide our clients through all areas of international, federal, state and local taxes. We continually monitor changes and developments in tax law which may affect our clients and constantly work to provide the most creative and cost-effective tax solutions. Our attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs) assess the overall business and personal goals of our clients and match them with our knowledge of the law in order to develop the most innovative approach to resolve disputes, address tax appeals, meeting with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or the Department of Revenue. We are zealous advocates of our clients interests before administrative branches of government and in the courts.
We offer practical and straightforward advice to individuals as well as public, private and closely-held businesses. Our attorneys and CPAs guide clients through tax law in complex areas including:
- Audits, appeals and trials related to excise, sales, use, property and franchise tax
- Tax compliance and dispute resolution
- Tax advice for businesses exploring mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, and other transactions
- Tax advice for employers and individuals related to compensation
- Property tax, assessments and exemptions
- Tax litigation
We are well equipped to handle disputes with the IRS, as well as state taxing authorities. We handle all stages of tax controversy matters at both the administrative and judicial levels.
Our tax attorneys have experience in national accounting firms, with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and various governmental agencies.
News & Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Shareholder Jacqueline Messler Named a 2021 Go-To Thought Leader by the National Law ReviewDecember 30, 2021 - In the News
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2022’s “Best Law Firms”November 4, 2021 - Press Releases
- 32 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 GuideAugust 19, 2021 - Press Releases
- Family & Closely Held Business Summit 2021June 29, 2021 - Events
- Appleton Real Estate Investors Association: Advisor PanelJune 8, 2021 - Events
- Davis|Kuelthau Attorney Jacqueline L. Messler Named Co-Chair of Estate Planning TeamDecember 7, 2020 - In the News Press Releases
- Davis|Kuelthau Recognized as One of 2021’s “Best Law Firms”November 5, 2020 - Press Releases
- 30 Davis|Kuelthau Attorneys Honored by The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 GuideAugust 20, 2020 - Press Releases
- Webinar | Family & Closely Held Business Summit 2020July 22, 2020 - Events
- Webinar Replay – Paycheck Protection Program: Factors for Considering a LoanApril 2, 2020 - Events
City of Milwaukee Property Tax Notice of Assessment Objection/Appeal Deadline – May 16, 2022.
May 6, 2022
IRS Provides Tax Inflation Adjustments for Tax Year 2022
November 12, 2021
When Congress Says, “Never Mind”, Does It Mean It? The latest news regarding changes to the Gift and Estate Tax Laws.
October 29, 2021
Corporate Transparency Act and its Impact on Your Business
August 18, 2021
How Might Joe Biden’s Tax Proposals Affect You?
May 14, 2021
IRS Issues Guidance to Employers to Claim Tax Credits for Voluntary Leave Related to COVID-19 and the Vaccine
May 5, 2021
Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges: Implications of the Biden Proposal
April 29, 2021
Act Now – Estate Tax Planning Under the Biden Administration
January 25, 2021
Year-End Corporate Tax Considerations: The Essentials
December 3, 2020
Individual Tax Planning Following the November 2020 Elections
November 30, 2020