Stephen L. Knowles
F: 414.278.3622Download VCard
Our firm strongly emphasizes teamwork and corporate citizenship. The staff at Davis|Kuelthau works closely with our attorneys to ensure we deliver the highest quality of service to our clients. We encourage you to learn more about our firm and available career opportunities.
Currently, we have professional staff working in the following departments:
- Information Technology
- Office Services
- Office Administration
- Paralegal Support
- Secretarial Support
Marketing Project Liaison
Posted: June 25, 2019
We have an opening for a full-time (40 hours/week) Marketing Project Liaison. The Marketing Project Liaison is a core member of the Marketing and Business Development Team and is responsible for contributing to the execution of ongoing marketing and business development efforts at Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. — in particular, event management, advertisements and communications. This position is based in the firm’s Milwaukee office and requires occasional travel to Brookfield, Green Bay, Appleton, Racine and Madison. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Business Development, this position will execute the tactics identified to achieve specific business development, marketing, and client retention and expansion objectives for designated practices and industries across the firm. May assist in supervising other marketing personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Support the firm, practice groups, and individual attorney’s marketing and business development initiatives. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop customized responses to pitches, proposals, RFP responses, and other marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings.
- Help monitor industry and trade organizations for upcoming events, speaking engagements, opportunities for thought leadership, and sponsorships.
- Work with designated practices and proactively coordinate communication strategies related to internal and external communications including client alerts, posted articles, event invitations, other email marketing, and online social forums.
- Coordinate practice specific marketing and communications as defined by the Director of Marketing and Business Development including development of collateral, articles and client alerts, PR, drafting of content, and working with the firm’s Marketing Coordinator to maintain targeted email marketing lists.
- Coordinate firm, client, industry, and trade related events as defined by the Director of Marketing and Business Development. This includes pre-event planning and preparations, day-of onsite logistics, and post-event follow up efforts for all of the firm’s sponsorships and homegrown forums in each of our target markets across Wisconsin.
- Coordinate involvement in select community organizations and events.
- Assist attorneys with speech writing needs for podium introductions, introduction videos and other speaking engagements.
- Work to develop and maintain best practices for marketing and business development across all designated practices.
- Advise and proofread Marketing Coordinator’s development of the firm’s monthly newsletter and the Marketing Department’s bi-monthly newsletter.
- Advise and proofread Marketing Coordinator’s postings for the firm’s website and social media platforms.
- Collaborate across the Marketing Department to ensure transparency, knowledge-sharing, increased team efficiencies, and to maximize the firm’s resources.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university required; degree in communications, marketing or a related area preferred.
- 5-7 years of marketing and business development experience in a professional services firm.
- Superior written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple project types and competing deadlines simultaneously, provide superior internal client service, and be comfortable delivering under pressure in a team focused environment with limited administrative support.
- Intellectual curiosity related to the practice of law as well as the industries and specific clientele we serve.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead initiatives and identify opportunities for additional efficiencies.
- Valid driver’s license and a regularly accessible car for distant travel needs.
- Flexible schedule for sake of occasional early morning and late night event needs.
Please submit resume to HR@dkattorneys.com.
* * * *
If you are interested in exploring opportunities with Davis|Kuelthau, please contact Human Resources at HR@dkattorneys.com.