Charles I. Henderson
F: 414.278.3679Download VCard
Our firm strongly emphasizes teamwork and corporate citizenship. The staff at Davis|Kuelthau works closely with our attorneys to ensure we deliver the highest quality of service to our clients. We encourage you to learn more about our firm and available career opportunities.
Currently, we have professional staff working in the following departments:
- Information Technology
- Office Services
- Office Administration
- Paralegal Support
- Secretarial Support
Posted: May 22, 2019
Founded in 1967, Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. offers an array of innovative legal solutions to corporate, public, private and individual clients that range from small, midsized institutions to large municipalities and corporations.
We have an opening for a full-time (40 hours/week) Corporate Paralegal responsible for legal support functions in the firm’s Corporate and Real Estate practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including documentation, due diligence, closing and post-closing activities for real estate acquisitions, dispositions, finance, leasing, development and construction projects.
- Ordering, reviewing and identifying issues with title insurance commitments, endorsements, exception documents and surveys, and interfacing directly with the title company and surveyor to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Preparing and administrating contract critical dates and closing checklists.
- Coordinating and assisting with closings, including preparation of conveyance documents, closing statements, and other closing documents.
- Attending to all post-closing requirements, including preparation of closing indices, the preparation and organization of closing binders, and monitoring all post-closing deliveries or requirements.
- Preparing all documents required to form and organize corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and LLCs.
- Assisting with business merger, acquisition and sale transactions.
- Preparing documentation for amendments, withdrawals, and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or LLCs.
- Creating and maintaining corporate and LLC minute books.
- Preparing and filing of UCC filings and handle UCC filing search requests.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in paralegal or legal studies or paralegal certificate with one to two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, work experience and training in law office setting preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and work under tight deadlines.
Please submit resume to HR@dkattorneys.com.
* * * *
If you are interested in exploring opportunities with Davis|Kuelthau, please contact Human Resources at HR@dkattorneys.com.