Webinar Replay: Managing Education in the #SaferAtHome Era: K-12 Guidance for Administrators
The impact of COVID-19 is imparting an unprecedented burden on educators across Wisconsin. Breaking news is the new constant, leaving board members, superintendents and other administrators buried in pending urgent decisions amidst a sea of uncertainty. Davis|Kuelthau is dedicated to helping each of you through these challenging times. Members of our School Team, Robert (Bob) Burns, Anthony (Tony) Steffek, and Abby Busler held a live Q&A session addressing the gamut of game-changing challenges faced by educators. Topics will included:
- Educating remotely
- Ramifications for Special Education
- Open Meetings via virtual meetings: factors for ensuring compliance
- Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Support staff pay and benefit issues
- Teacher contract renewal dates
- Requesting DPI waiver of instructional hours requirements
If you need immediate legal guidance, please contact your Davis|Kuelthau attorney. Our School and Higher Education team is linked here. We are here for you – and we always will be. Be safe and be well.
Click below to view webinar replay.