Wisconsin Business Resources
The impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) is imparting an unprecedented burden on businesses, municipalities, schools and individuals around the globe. Many retailers are operating in a limited capacity, supply chains are extensively disrupted and impeding manufacturers, and commercial tenants and landlords are at risk due to potential revenue shortfalls. The impact changes daily. While there are many questions arising that are industry-specific, there are also a variety of foundational matters for all entities to review, consider and employ.
Davis|Kuelthau has organized a multidisciplinary team to monitor and address the vast range of litigation, regulatory and transactional challenges faced by companies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. We are regularly issuing guidance and have assembled a summary of some of the many local, state and federal resources available to help businesses with their pandemic preparedness and response efforts. Our team will continue to develop, update and share guidance directly as well as via this resource site. Please consider the fluid nature of the situation and that all information shared is thus current as of the date that it was posted. It is important to also consult federal, state, county and city health agency websites regularly.
As always, we are here for you.
Be safe and be well.
ALL D|K COVID-19 GUIDANCE
Davis|Kuelthau Expands Litigation and Corporate Teams with Attorneys Jessica Puetz and Claire McDonough
BROOKFIELD, MILWAUKEE, WI — Davis|Kuelthau, s.c. is pleased to announce the expansion of its Commercial Litigation Team with the addition of Associate Attorney Jessica Puetz and its Trust, Estates, and Succession Planning Team with the addition of Associate Attorney Claire McDonough. Jessica first worked at Davis|Kuelthau as part of the firm’s 2020 Summer Associate internship class. After...
Davis|Kuelthau’s Intellectual Property Team and Attorney Joseph Heino Recognized by Chambers USA for 2022
MILWAUKEE, WI – Joseph S. Heino, a shareholder with Davis|Kuelthau in Milwaukee, has been recognized by Chambers USA in the area of Intellectual Property Law for the ninth consecutive year. Joe is among an elite group of attorneys selected as ‘Leaders in their Field’ and was featured in the ‘Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Wisconsin’ 2022 edition. Joe is experienced in...
Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association will honor Kathy L. Nusslock with the Nathan A. Fishbach Founder’s Award
On May 26 the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association will honor Kathy L. Nusslock (Litigation, Milwaukee) with the Nathan A. Fishbach Founder's Award at the 20th Annual Meeting which will take place at the Pfister Hotel from 8:30 AM - 1:15 PM. Attendees can expect great programming, exceptional award presentations, networking opportunities, and 3.0 CLE credits. For more information or to...
School and Education Attorneys, James Kalny and Abby (Busler) Tilkens will be presenting at the 2022 WASB/WSAA School Law Conference & Workshop on Thursday, January 20, 2022 from 1:45 PM - 2:45 PM. Click here to view the powerpoint presentation. Their presentation, Free Speech from the Tinker Era Through 2021 and Beyond will explore the changing territory of free speech. After providing a...
With the increasing number of reported data breaches, having the best practices in place to protect businesses and individuals remains a priority. Leading professionals in the technology and legal industries will gather to address timely topics related to security breaches, cyber insurance, virtual mediation, and blockchain. The keynote speaker for this year’s conference will be Phillip Droege,...
Davis|Kuelthau offers complimentary Advisor Series presentations for business advisors across the Green Bay and Greater Fox Valley region. The Advisor Series is intended to facilitate a collaborative relationship among business advisors so we can better serve our clients. All presentations take place at Davis|Kuelthau's Appleton Office located at 2800 East Enterprise Avenue, Appleton, WI 54913....
As a proud supporter of manufacturing and technology, Davis|Kuelthau will be a keynote sponsor at the First Business Manufacturing First Expo and Conference taking place on Wednesday, October 27, 2021. This prominent event is designed for manufacturers to showcase their successes, announce their latest developments and provides premier networking opportunities with other leading professionals in...
As a proud supporter of local manufacturing Davis|Kuelthau is sponsoring BizTimes Media's Next Generation Manufacturing Summit on October 12, 2021 from 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM at The Ingleside Hotel. More than 200 manufacturing leaders are scheduled to attend. Click here to access the on-demand video. Managing Complexities - Culture, Costs, Customers and Supply Chain CEOs from the region’s leading...
Commercial and Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney Sherry Coley was featured in a special edition of the Wisconsin Lawyer Magazine highlighting women who are changing the landscape of leadership. In this feature, Sherry shares insight on the progression of women occupying more leadership roles within law firms and corporations, essential retention efforts for women, and leadership...
Click here to access the handout from Davis|Kuelthau’s breakout session at the Family Business Summit from June 29th. This resource provides a summary of the current wealth tax system, the proposed changes, and steps to consider now or in the near future to minimize such taxes.
- CDC COVID-19 risk assessment by country
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- 17 responsible live visualizations about the coronavirus
- Number of people currently confirmed to have COVID-19, in the US
- John Hopkins Dashboard Map
International Agency Guidance:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- McKinsey and Company prepared a report on “COVID-19: Implications for business.”
Federal Agency Guidance:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Memo Identifying Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Wage and Hour (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources (DOL)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- U.S. Department of State (State Department)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention central hub for information gov.
- National Center for Health Statistics (CDC)
- Public Health Emergency COVID-19: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Teleworking has never been more important (U.S. Office of Personnel Management)
- Combating the Coronavirus (S. Chamber of Commerce)
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know (National Governors Association)
Workplace Guidance for Employees and Employers:
- Federal Employee Rights
- Employee Rights
- Better Business Bureau tips on COVID-19
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC Guidelines for keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 Additional guidelines for employers.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has issued guidelines for employers on preparing for challenges that may arise because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Workplace Tips and resources for employers to combat the virus.
- View the U.S. Chamber’s Corporate Aid Tracker for details on how businesses are helping nationwide.
- American Chamber of Commerce in China results from Corvid 19 Business Impact survey
- U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Resilience in a Box created in partnership with the UPS Foundation.
- Husch Blackwell posted a blog: Coronavirus at work: Yes, one business meeting can make a difference.
- COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (U.S. Department of Education)
State Agency Guidance:
- Governor Tony Evers Wisconsin COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
- State of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Business Resources
- Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- COVID-19 Member Guide Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
Hospitality Industry Guidance: